Internet Explorer is a web browser developed by Microsoft that is now obsolete and should not be used.
It is replaced by Microsoft Edge, which is a faster, more secure, and more modern browsing experience.
Microsoft Edge is the recommended browser for Windows 7, and will be the only browser supported by Microsoft after June 15, 2022.
Microsoft Edge is built on the Chromium project and supports both legacy and modern websites.
Microsoft Edge also offers a private browsing mode and a password manager.
Beginning August 17, 2021, Microsoft 365 apps and services will no longer support Internet Explorer 11 (IE11) and users may have a degraded experience, or be unable to connect to, those apps and services.
• Microsoft Edge is the recommended browser for Windows 7, and will be the only browser supported by Microsoft after June 15, 2022.
• Internet Explorer 11 will be retired on that date, and all sites and apps that use it will open in Microsoft Edge with IE Mode.
• Microsoft Edge is faster and more modern than Internet Explorer, and supports autocorrection and correction-while-you-type.
Internet Explorer - Microsoft Download Center
• Internet Explorer was once the most widely used web browser, attaining a peak of about 95% usage share by 2003.
• Estimates for Internet Explorer's market share in 2022 are about 0.38% across all platforms, or by StatCounter's numbers ranked 10th.
• On traditional PCs, the only platform on which it has ever had significant share, it is ranked 6th at 0.97%, after Opera.
• Microsoft Edge, IE's successor, first overtook Internet Explorer in terms of market share in November 2019.
• Microsoft spent over US$100 million per year on Internet Explorer in the late 1990s,  with over 1,000 people involved in the project by 1999.  
• Versions of Internet Explorer for other operating systems have also been produced, including an Xbox 360 version called Internet Explorer for Xbox and for platforms Microsoft no longer supports: Internet Explorer for Mac and Internet Explorer for UNIX ( Solaris and HP-UX ), and an embedded OEM version called Pocket Internet Explorer, later rebranded Internet Explorer Mobile made for Windows CE , Windows Phone , and, previously, based on Internet Explorer 7, for Windows Phone 7 .
• On March 17, 2015, Microsoft announced that
• Microsoft Edge is the new default browser in Windows 10 and 8.1
• You can open Internet Explorer 11 in Microsoft Edge with Internet Explorer mode
• Internet Explorer 11 is no longer supported on Windows 7
Internet Explorer Downloads
• Microsoft Edge is the recommended browser by Microsoft and offers a faster, more modern experience than Internet Explorer.
• Important! Selecting a language below will dynamically change the complete page content to that language.
• Some key features of Microsoft Edge include: a new tab page, a new browser window, a private browsing mode, and a password manager.
Download Internet Explorer 11 (64-bit) for Windows 7 ONLY from Official Microsoft Download Center
• The future of Internet Explorer on Windows 10 is in Microsoft Edge.
• Microsoft Edge is a faster, more secure, and more modern browsing experience than Internet Explorer.
• With Microsoft Edge, you get a dual engine advantage that supports both legacy and modern websites.
• Internet Explorer mode in Microsoft Edge gives you built-in legacy browser support for websites and applications that still require Internet Explorer.
• Microsoft Edge is also built on the Chromium project – the technology that powers many of today’s browsers – which means it delivers world-class support for modern sites.
• Having to use different browsers for different tasks can be frustrating. Microsoft Edge offers a path to the web’s future while still respecting the web’s past.
The future of Internet Explorer on Windows 10 is in Microsoft Edge | Windows Experience Blog
Internet Explorer 11 will go out of support on June 15, 2022. Make the switch to Microsoft Edge to experience the web in a whole new way.
Internet Explorer help
• Beginning August 17, 2021, Microsoft 365 apps and services will no longer support Internet Explorer 11 (IE11) and users may have a degraded experience, or be unable to connect to, those apps and services.
• After the dates listed, customers will have a degraded experience or will be unable to connect to Microsoft 365 apps and services on IE 11.
• Microsoft Edge is the new browser that is built on the Chromium open source engine and has the latest in Microsoft enterprise capabilities.
• Beginning March 9, 2021, Microsoft Edge Legacy apps will no longer be supported.
Microsoft 365 apps say farewell to Internet Explorer 11 and Windows 10 sunsets Microsoft Edge Legacy - Microsoft Tech Community
• Microsoft Edge is the new web browser and is the future for Microsoft;
• Internet Explorer is provided just for backwards compatibility, but should not be used unless really required;
• Any version of Internet Explorer other than version 11 is now obsolete and should not be used.
Update Internet Explorer - WhatIsMyBrowser.com
Learn how to view, manage, and delete cookies in Internet Explorer. Windows 10 Internet Explorer Windows 8.1 Windows 7 More... Less
Delete and manage cookies