We know, we know. There is so much legalese in all these documents. We’re just letting you know that this is meant to be a fun contest where real people invite real people to enjoy Neeva. Please don’t game the contest, write bots and/or try to scam in other ways. And oh, if the world collapses, we might not be able to run the contest! Read on for the full gory detail.
Contest Official Rules
Sponsored by Neeva, Inc. (“Sponsor”).
NO ENTRY FEE. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
The Neeva Referral Competition (the “Contest”) begins on August 10, 2021, at 7:00 AM PT and ends on August 24, 2021, at 11:59 PM PT (the “Contest Period”).
1. Agreement to Official Rules.
The Contest is a skill-based competition open to legal residents of the U.S. (excluding Puerto Rico) who have a Neeva Account as provided in the Terms, as of the date of entry, and who have an active e-mail account and Internet access as of the beginning of the Contest Period. You must also have enrolled in the Referral Program. The Referral Program and Contest are only available for US-based customers. To participate in the Referral Program and this Contest, you are prohibited from attempting to or maintaining multiple Neeva Accounts, or otherwise enrolling in the Referral Program using multiple Neeva Accounts. You must also comply with all up-to-date “SPAM” laws. For example, emails must be created and distributed in a personal manner and bulk email distribution is strongly discouraged. Any distribution of your referral link that could constitute unsolicited commercial email or "spam" under any applicable law or regulation is expressly prohibited and will be grounds for immediate termination of your Neeva Account and exclusion from the Referral Program and Contest.
Eligible participants are referred to as either “entrants” or “you” in these Official Rules. Employees, contractors and consultants of Neeva, their family members and entrants living in the same households are NOT eligible to participate in the contest.
3. How to Enter.
Entry deadline is August 24, 2021 at 11:59 PM PT. You may enter the Contest as follows:
- Log into your Neeva account.
- You can enter the Contest here [https://neeva.com/settings/referrals] (“Contest Site”) where you can sign up for the Contest;
- You have to agree to the Official Rules of the Contest which includes having your Contest score alongside your name appear in the Contest’s leaderboard; and
- Make Qualifying Referrals (as provided in Section 4 below).
Your “Referral Submission” is the cumulative score of all Referrals (as defined in Section 4) during the Contest Period.
Limitation on Entry: Sponsor will accept only one (1) Referral Submission per entrant to be scored on the leaderboard. While there is no limit on the number of Referrals during the Contest Period, you may only use one (1) Contest registration per entrant/email address for the duration of the Contest Period. The use of a script, macro, or any other device to automate or subvert the Contest registration or Contest entry process is prohibited, and all such registrations and entries will be void. Participating in the Contest using cheats, automated software (e.g., bots), or similar methods of gameplay is strictly prohibited. Sponsor reserves the right to permanently disqualify any entrant it believes has intentionally violated these Official Rules.
4. Contest Rules.
General. Except as may be otherwise announced in the Official Rules, the Contest will commence on August 10, 2021. The Contest will solicit Referral Submissions during the Contest Period. Your cumulative Referral Submissions will determine your place on the respective leaderboards. The Contest will track your submitted Referral Submissions and you will be able to see your leaderboard status during the Contest Period.
Referral Submissions. Your score will be based on the number of “Referrals” you make through the Contest that make up the total Referral Submission. Each Referral must meet the following conditions:
- Is a “Qualified Referral” as provided in the Referral Terms;
- Not previously had a Neeva Account prior to receiving a “Qualified Referral;”
- Must meet the Minimum Referral Amount (as defined below); and
- Is a US-based customer;
Each Referral will be counted towards your overall Referral Submission during the Contest Period as provided in Section 5.
No automatically generated Referrals will be accepted. No mechanically reproduced Referral Submissions are allowed and any use of robotic, automatic, programmed or the like entry methods will void all such entries by such methods.
Scores. Participants will accrue points for Referrals. Sponsor will score Referral Submissions and post them on the leaderboard every 5-10 minutes. Sponsor will make a best effort to correct and update Contest scores based on errors or irregularities in the tabulation, transmission, or publication of Referral Submission when they are discovered. The decisions of Sponsor are final and binding with respect to Contest scoring and in all other Contest matters.
5. Determination of the Winner.
- General. Subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules, the top three (3) entrants who earn the highest score for a Contest will win a cash prize announced for such Contest. The top 100 entrants and the top 250 entrants are both also eligible for a Prize. For details, please see Section 6. You must submit a minimum number of Referrals to be eligible for a Prize (“Minimum Referral Amount”). Each Prize has a different Minimum Referral Amount, which is provided in Section 6.
- Leaderboard. All eligible Referral Submissions from this Contest will be listed on a public leaderboard. The entrant whose Referral Submissions earn one of the three highest overall Scores as ranked on the Contest’s leaderboard will each be a winner of the Contest. Without limiting any other terms of these Official Rules, Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entrant, in its sole discretion, if Sponsor finds evidence or has cause to suspect such entrant of receiving an unfair advantage over other participants (whether by means of external automated software or otherwise) or otherwise violates the Official Rules, including by making, accessing, or otherwise utilizing multiple Neeva Accounts. Score accrual will be tracked by Sponsor’s internal clocks and systems. The decisions of the Sponsor (including but not limited to any calculation or computation by Sponsor’s systems or the results thereof) will be final. If any ties must be broken to determine the winners, the winner will be the first entrant who obtained the highest Referral Submission for the relevant ranking as determined by Sponsor’s server timestamp in each instance.
6. Prizes and Odds.
The “Prizes” to be awarded from the Contest are as follows:
- Top 3 Cash Prizes:
- The highest score on the leaderboard will win: $5,000
- The second-place score on the leaderboard will win: $3,000
- The third-place score on the leaderboard will win: $1,000
- Minimum Referral Amount: 1 Referral
- Top 100 entrants:
- The top 100 entrants on the leaderboard at the end of the competition will win a lifetime subscription to an individual Neeva Account.
- Minimum Referral Amount: 1 Referral
- Top 250 entrants:
- The top 250 entrants on the leaderboard at the end of the competition will win Neeva merchandise.
- Minimum Referral Amount: 1 Referral
Winners are solely responsible for any and all federal, state, provincial and local taxes, if any, that apply to prizes. Allow eight to ten (8-10) weeks for delivery of Prizes. No cash or other substitution of prizes is permitted, except at the sole option of Sponsor for a prize of equal or greater value. Periodically during the Contest Period, Sponsor may announce new Prizes or otherwise update who is eligible for a Prize, in which case Sponsor will update Section 6 of these Official Rules to detail the parameters of each new Prizes. Please check Neeva as we update our paid products and features from time to time.
7. Notification of Winners.
Potential winners will be notified by email to the email address provided upon registration within seven (7) days of the winner’s selection, and may be required to sign and return any required affidavit of eligibility and publicity/liability release within seven (7) days of notification. If a selected winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim a prize and/or where applicable an affidavit of eligibility and publicity/liability release is not timely received, is incomplete or modified, the prize may be forfeited and an alternate winner may be selected from remaining valid, eligible entries timely submitted. In the event of a dispute regarding who submitted an entry, the entry will be deemed submitted by the authorized account holder of the email account specified in the entry. "Authorized account holder" is defined as the natural entrant who is assigned to an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address.
8. Disclaimers and Limitations on Liability.
Sponsor is not responsible for late, misdirected or undeliverable entries.
ALL PRIZES ARE PROVIDED "AS IS." SPONSOR SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED WITH RESPECT TO THE PRIZE, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. IN NO EVENT WILL SPONSOR BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, EXEMPLARY, PUNITIVE OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING LOSS OF USE, DATA, BUSINESS OR PROFITS) ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR PARTICIPATION IN THE PROMOTION, WHETHER SUCH LIABILITY ARISES FROM ANY CLAIM BASED UPON CONTRACT, WARRANTY, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), STRICT LIABILITY OR OTHERWISE, AND WHETHER OR NOT SPONSOR HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH LOSS OR DAMAGE. WITHOUT LIMITING THE GENERALITY OF THE FOREGOING, SPONSOR’S AGGREGATE LIABILITY TO YOU ARISING WITH RESPECT TO THESE OFFICIAL RULES WILL NOT EXCEED $5.00. Some jurisdictions do not allow the limitation or exclusion of liability for incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you.
You agree to release, indemnify, defend and hold Sponsor and their respective parent, affiliates, subsidiaries, directors, officers, employees, sponsors and agents, including advertising and promotion agencies, and assigns, and any other organizations related to the Contest, harmless, from any and all claims, injuries, damages, expenses or losses to entrant or property and/or liabilities of any nature that in any way arise from participation in this Contest or acceptance or use of a prize or parts thereof, including, without limitation, (i) any condition caused by events beyond Sponsor’s control that may cause the Contest to be disrupted or corrupted; (ii) the prize, or acceptance, possession, or use of the prize, or from participation in the Contest; and (iii) any printing or typographical errors in any materials associated with the Contest.
IN NO EVENT WILL SPONSOR BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, EXEMPLARY, PUNITIVE OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING LOSS OF USE, DATA, BUSINESS OR PROFITS) ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR PARTICIPATION IN THE CONTEST, WHETHER SUCH LIABILITY ARISES FROM ANY CLAIM BASED UPON CONTRACT, WARRANTY, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), STRICT LIABILITY OR OTHERWISE, AND WHETHER OR NOT SPONSOR HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH LOSS OR DAMAGE. WITHOUT LIMITING THE GENERALITY OF THE FOREGOING, SPONSOR’S AGGREGATE LIABILITY TO YOU ARISING WITH RESPECT TO THESE OFFICIAL RULES WILL NOT EXCEED $5.00. Some jurisdictions do not allow the limitation or exclusion of liability for incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you.
Except where prohibited, by participating in the Contest, you consent to the use of your first name and initial of the first letter of your last name for advertising and promotional purposes, including without limitation, inclusion in Sponsor’s newsletters, [the Contest Website] and Sponsor’s homepages at [https://neeva.com] and [https://neeva.com/competition], without additional compensation.
11. Additional Conditions.
Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to terminate, modify or suspend the Contest in whole or in part, if in Sponsor’s opinion (a) the Contest is not capable of running as planned by reason of the occurrence of any event beyond its control including, but not limited to, fire, flood, epidemic, pandemic, earthquake, explosion, labor dispute or strike, act of God or public enemy, communications, equipment failure, utility or service interruptions, riot or civil disturbance, terrorist threat or activity, war (declared or undeclared), interference with the Contest by any party, or any federal, state, local or provincial government law, order, or regulation, order of any court or jurisdiction, or other cause not reasonably within Sponsors’ control, or (b) any other factors beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the Contest, in all instances without liability to the entrant. Sponsor also reserves the right to disqualify any entrant or winner, as determined by Sponsor, in its sole discretion.
12. Governing Law and Choice of Forum.
These Official Rules are governed by the law of the State of California, without reference to rules governing choice of laws. Any action, suit or case arising out of, or in connection with, this Contest or these Official Rules must be brought in either the federal courts located in the Northern district of California or the state courts located in Santa Clara County, California.
13. Sponsor’s Address.
If you have any questions about the Contest, please contact Neeva at email@example.com or Neeva Inc., 100 View St, Suite #102, Mountain View, CA 94041.